Mother nature has a sense of humor. She can’t decide of it should be cold or hot, wet or dry, or sunny or cloudy. One minute, it’s bright and vibrant outside with a cool breeze. The next minute, it’s dark and gloomy, and you can feel the storm coming. The wind picks up and the chimes begin singing beautifully, and the next thing you know, there is a down pour. 30 minutes later, it’s back to sunny again. I can’t make up my mind whether camping this weekend would have been a good idea or not.
As it turns out, we decided to stay home this weekend because the forecast was so bad. Of course, the current situation is not as bad as the forecast, but I’m still not sure I would want to be out in the woods in this weather either. Even though we stayed home, I did setup the pop up in the driveway in order to air it out from last weekend, and also to get it ready for next weekend. So far, the forecast looks good for Memorial Day weekend, so camping is definitely in our forecast as well.
The camper seems to be handling the wind just fine, and I checked the inside this morning to make sure the heavy rain didn’t penetrate. Everything was still dry, so nothing to worry about. I re-shocked it with fresh towels, clean dishes, fire starter newspapers, and clean bed linens. It’s ready to go for the holiday weekend, but I won’t pack it down until it dries out, either tomorrow or Tuesday. I don’t want to pack it down wet, even if it is just for a few days. I did that once with a tent, expecting to camp the next weekend, but then when the trip got cancelled, the tent sat in a bag wet for a few weeks and by the time we opened it back up, it was ruined. I’m not taking that chance with the pop up. The whole weeks shows sunny, so it should be dry in a day or so.
So regardless of Mother natures plans, next weekend will be a great weekend of camping. I just hope she remembers that it’s a holiday weekend and that staying dry will make us all happy.